Arjan Lejourprogrammaleider, Sector 1 Publieke financiën
Arjan Lejour is projectleader at the sector Public Finance of CPB and professor Taxation and Public Finance at Tilburg University. Between 2011 and 2018 he was programmeleader Taxation at CPB. He has also been programmeleader Globalisation and Europe between 2005 and 2012. Before he was senior researcher in international economics at CPB. Arjan is an expert in (international) business taxation, trade behaviour of Dutch firms, and trade in services. He has also analysed many EU policies, such as the internal market, economic reforms (Europe 2020), subsidiarity issues and enlargement. He has been consultant for DG Economic and Financial Affairs, DG Enterprise and Industry, DG Trade, DG Taxud and DG Budget of the European Commission and for the Swiss and Finnish government. He also particpates in various national and international working groups.
- PhD in Economics, 1995, thesis "Integrating or Desintegrating Welfare States? a qualitative study to the consequences of economic integration on social insurance", Centre for Economic Research (CentER), Tilburg University.
- Masters in Philosophy of Economics at Faculty of Philosophy, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 1990
- Masters in Econometrics at Faculty of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 1990
- Full professor Taxation and Public Finance at Tilburg University (Fiscal Institute Tilburg)
- Advisory board member Empirica
- Associate professor at Tilburg University (Fiscal Institute), 2016 - 2019
- Guest lecturer at Free University Amsterdam, 2013-2015
- Programmeleader Globalisation, CPB, 2009-2011
- Programmeleader European Analysis, CPB, 2005-2009
- Senior researcher at the sector International Economics, CPB, 1996 - 2005
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, University of Amsterdam, 1998
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, Tilburg University, 1994 - 1996
- PhD student Centre for Economic Research (CentER), Tilburg University, 1990 - 1994