Arjan Lejourprogrammaleider, Sector 1 Publieke financiën
Arjan Lejour is programmeleader at the sector Public Finance of CPB. He is responsible for the research programme taxation and the housing market. He has also been programmeleader Globalisation and Europe between 2005 and 2012. Before he was senior researcher in international economics at CPB. Arjan is an expert in (international) business taxation, trade behaviour of Dutch firms, trade in services and the effects of trade on economic growth. He has also analysed many EU policies, such as the internal market, economic reforms (Europe 2020), subsidiarity issues and enlargement. He has been consultant for DG Economic and Financial Affairs, DG Enterprise and Industry, DG Trade, DG Taxud and DG Budget of the European Commission and for the Swiss and Finnish government. He also particpates in various national and international working groups.
- PhD in Economics, 1995, thesis "Integrating or Desintegrating Welfare States? a qualitative study to the consequences of economic integration on social insurance", Centre for Economic Research (CentER), Tilburg University.
- Masters in Philosophy of Economics at Faculty of Philosophy, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 1990
- Masters in Econometrics at Faculty of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 1990
- Associate professor Tilburg University (Fiscal Institute)
- Advisory board member Empirica
- Programmeleader Globalisation, CPB, 2009-2011
- Programmeleader European Analysis, CPB, 2005-2009
- Senior researcher at the sector International Economics, CPB, 1996 - 2005
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, University of Amsterdam, 1998
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, Tilburg University, 1994 - 1996
- PhD student Centre for Economic Research (CentER), Tilburg University, 1990 - 1994
- Guest lecturer at Free University Amsterdam, 2013-2015